Burgh: Road closed as firefighters continue to tackle barn blaze
- Credit: Archant
A village road has been closed as firefighters continue to deal with a barn fire in Burgh, near Woodbridge.
Firefighters were called to the scene, in Drabs Lane, just after 4am today. The lane has been closed to traffic.
The barn affected by the blaze contains straw and is connected to a number of outbuildings which contain machinery and animals.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters are protecting an adjoining farm building and a listed barn.
The fire has been contained.
He added: “A small number of hens and pigs being protected.”
Straw is being cleared from a nearby building.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days