Burglar causes £1,500 damage to Townrow department store in Braintree
Clothing has been stolen from Townrow department store in Braintree High Street this morning.
The suspect caused about £1,500 damage to a door and skylight as they gained entry and left the building.
Officers were called after an alarm was activated shortly after 8am.
He ran off away from the High Street in the direction of the Boars Head pub.
It is not clear what items of clothing were stolen, but they are believed to include branded Superdry clothes.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white, about 5ft 5ins tall and aged in his 30s.
He was of medium build and wore a balaclava, blue jacket, jeans and trainers.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
Officers are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time to call Acting Sergeant Tom Bastendorff at Braintree police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.