Paintings damaged and fire extinguisher set off during Easter raid at Eye Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk town hall was broken into and vandalised over the bank holiday weekend.
The burglary at Eye Town Hall in Broad Street happened between midnight on Good Friday and 9.30am on Easter Monday.
A fire extinguisher was set off and a number of paintings were damaged inside, but police say they do not know at this stage if anything was stolen.
Suffolk Constabulary is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information or CCTV footage that could help with the investigation to get in touch.
Officers are particularly keen to trace a male who was seen on CCTV outside the front steps of the town hall on Sunday at 10.20pm and leaving the area at around 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing baggy trousers and a coat with a florescent logo.
To help, call police on 101 quoting crime reference 17763/18 or phone the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer