Burnt cooking fat fills home with smoke

A small amount of cooking fat on a hob caused the entire ground floor of a home to fill with smoke.

Firefighters were called just after 7.30pm to a house in Acacia Avenue, in Bury St Edmunds.

Three fire engines from the town arrived to find the kitchen and ground floor smoke logged.

The source of the smoke was discovered to be a small amount of cooking fat on the kitchen hob.

It took fire crews just 10 minutes to deal with the problem and begin ventilating the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus