Burnt Fen: Shotguns are stolen from gun cabinet
SIX shotguns have been stolen from a property in Burnt Fen, near Eriswell.
Police are appealing for information following the burglary which happened between 9.30am and 1pm yesterday.
An offender or offenders broke into the property, forced open a gun cabinet and stole six shotguns together with a small safe containing a quantity of cash.
Two males were seen walking in the village at about 11.30am and police are keen to speak to them as they may have information in relation to this incident.
They are described as white and in their 20s. One wore a grey hooded top and jeans and had dark spiky hair, the other was shorter than the first man and wore a green quilted jacket and he had mousy-coloured hair.
A red or burgundy Vauxhall Vectra or Cavalier was also seen in the village and police would like to speak to the driver of this vehicle as they maybe able to assist with enquiries.
If you have any information in relation to this burglary, know the whereabouts of the shotguns or have been offered them for sale police would like to hear from you.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 10 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
Calls should be made to Dc Mike Blayney at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimetsoppers on 0800 555111.