Burwell: Woman killed in bungalow blaze despite neighbours’ efforts to save her
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died in a bungalow fire on the Suffolk and Cambridgeshire border.
She was killed after a blaze swept through the semi-detached bungalow in Hawthorn Way, Burwell, just after 9am yesterday morning despite the efforts of neighbours to save her.
The fire service was called at 9.18am and four crews from Burwell, Newmarket and Bury trackled the fire for over two hours but the flames quickly spread and the whole roof was destroyed.
The fire was extinguished using two hose reels.
Both the police and ambulance service attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police are currently treating the death as unexplained, pending a forensic investigation.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car