Colleges launch student podcast
- Credit: Rebecca Fulton
Two Bury St Edmunds colleges have launched a weekly podcast by staff and students.
Talk Topical is produced by West Suffolk College and Abbeygate Sixth Form College and will explore different topics including women in science and technology, diversity in films, fast fashion and going to university later in life.
The broadcast is available on all podcast platforms including Spotify and Apple Music.
Alice Dargan, media manager for West Suffolk College said with the world of digital technology growing rapidly, podcasts would see participants tackle and discuss a number of hot topics.
"We have been working on this for some time and it's fantastic to see it finally launch," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"Across both West Suffolk College and Abbeygate Sixth Form College we have exceptional students and staff, all with different stories to tell and a passion for discussing what is important to them and what affects the wider community both locally and nationally."
The first episode is out now and features Vic Fiebelkorn, Primary Science Coordinator and Amy Barr, Lecturer in Engineering discussing women in STEM careers.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour