Two injured after police car involved in collision at busy junction
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A police vehicle and a car have collided on a busy Newmarket road after responding to reports of a golf buggy crash.
The incident happened about 3.20pm on May 30, when a car and a police vehicle reportedly collided in Bury Road, Newmarket.
One person was trapped in the car following the incident.
Three fire crews were sent to the scene of the incident to help the person from the damaged vehicle.
A police spokesman said: "We can confirm that officers responded to a report of criminal damage in Newmarket today.
You may also want to watch:
"It was reported a golf buggy had collided with some gates in Adastral Close in Newmarket at some point after 3pm.
"While en route to the incident, at around 3.20pm, a police car and another car were involved in a collision in Bury Road, Newmarket.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
"Emergency services attended the scene and two people have been taken to hospital.
"At this stage it is not believed the injuries are serious."
Bury Road reopened about 6pm on May 30 after the scene of the incident had been cleared.