Pair ‘tried to open driver’s door’ in road rage attack
- Credit: GOGGLE MAPS
A man and woman suspected of being involved in a road rage incident in Suffolk are being sought by police.
Detectives believe the incident happened just after the Monday morning rush hour, at around 9.30am on April 1 in Bury Road, Stowmarket.
They say a man in his 50s was driving near the Lidl store when a silver Peugeot overtook him and braked suddenly, forcing him to stop.
According to officers the driver, a man, and a woman who was in the passenger seat, then got out and confronted him – trying to open the doors of his vehicle, before threatening him and verbally abusing him.
The suspects are then said to have got back in their vehicle before driving off.
Witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage should contact PC Sophie Mitchell at Stowmarket Police station on 101, quoting crime number 37/18217/19.
Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town