Sales rep charged with fraud to appear at court
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear at Ipswich Crown Court next month accused of committing fraud while working as a sales rep for a company based near Bury St Edmunds.
Stuart Clarke, 34, of Tollgate Lane, Bury St Edmunds, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich on Tuesday charged with fraud by abuse of position.
Clarke is alleged to have fraudulently obtained £22,746 for himself by selling products for cookery suppliers Infusion Ltd between August 1, 2017, and May 16, 2018.
Infusion, who are based on the Rougham Industrial Estate, specialise in selling cooking ingredients, equipment, books, DVDs. recipes, tableware and accessories.
Clarke did not enter a plea and will appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on December 3.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted unconditional bail by magistrates ahead of next month's hearing.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first