Fire engulfs sheds, trees and fencing in Bury St Edmunds
PUBLISHED: 16:18 05 July 2019 | UPDATED: 16:18 05 July 2019
A fire that began in a shed has destroyed a garden in Bury St Edmunds.
Neighbours were alerted by flames and dense smoke from the site in Hardwick Lane yesterday evening.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received multiple calls to the fire and once on-site requested more help to tackle the spreading flames.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze had engulfed four sheds, seven metres of conifers and 20 metres of fencing.
The crews, from Bury St Edmunds and Wickhambrook, gained control of the fire very quickly and used four hose reels to extinguish it.
The ambulance service attended the scene, but no-one was hurt.
It is understood that lights in a shed started the fire, which in turn blew up a motorbike and petrol lawn mower.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East Anglian Daily Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.