Bury St Edmunds: Asda’s Chris Holmes grins and bears his bean bath in aid of charity
- Credit: Gregg Brown
One plucky staff member at Asda was full of beans yesterday as he took the plunge into an unusual bath for charity.
Chris Holmes enjoyed a dip he will never forget at the store in Bury St Edmunds, as part of its ongoing fundraising efforts for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Mr Holmes had to grin and bear it as his colleagues added a concoction of goods in return for a donation, with the baked bean bath being boosted by things such as cottage cheese and squirty cream.
While there was a sizeable clean-up job after Mr Holmes got out of the bath, Michelle Frost, the store’s community champion, said it was well worth it.
“It’s been amazingly good fun – I think he’s been a good sport,” she said yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“We did beans a few years a go, but we hadn’t done beans for a few years so we thought it was time to bring them out.
“I didn’t have to bend his arm at all – we’re all very passionate about the hospice.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast