Bury St Edmunds' Greggs 'fanciest in the UK'
- Credit: Martin Pettitt/Flickr
A high-street bakery branch has been deemed the "fanciest Greggs in the UK".
Greggs in Abbeygate Street featured in a national newspaper after fans said it was one of the most beautiful in the country.
The exterior of the building features grand wooden arches and is in a Grade-II listed property dating back to the 17th century.
One person wrote: “I grew up in Bury St Edmunds and Greggs always seemed to be a lovely bakery and a proper treat where my mum would take me.
"The people who worked there were lovely. It wasn’t until I moved to the Midlands when I learnt it’s reputation is less than classy in the rest of the UK”.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a Greggs in The Cornhill in the market town.
Greggs is listed on the Our Bury St Edmunds website.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 8 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 9 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England