Bury St Edmunds care home invites community to join in with fête celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds care home is inviting the community to join in with the celebrations at its summer fête this weekend.
People are being invited to drop into Davers Court, in Shakers Lane, from 1pm-4pm on Saturday, June 23, for an afternoon of activities, food, and live entertainment.
There will also be a face painter and sweet stall for children and the care home’s chefs will prepare a barbecue for everyone to enjoy.
Wendy Harvey, home manager, said: “Hosting a fête provides us with a great opportunity to invite the local community to join us for a day of family-friendly fun.
“There is a real buzz around the care home already, with preparations now well underway.
You may also want to watch:
“Here at Davers Court, it is important for us to build strong relationships with the people of Bury St Edmunds and we look forward to welcoming the community to join us for what promises to be a fantastic day of fun and games.”
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 Butchers warn a leg of lamb could rocket to £50
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive