Bury St Edmunds: Classic and sports cars by the lake returns for a fourth year
- Credit: Archant
A fantastic array of cars and motorcycles are set to help raise funds for St Nicholas Hospice Care next month.
Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake, at Hall Farm, Fornham St Martin, is back for a fourth year, and it is shaping up to be the biggest and best event yet.
More than 250 vehicles, ranging from pre-war classics to motorcycles and present day sports cars, will be on display on Sunday, September 1.
In addition to the vehicles on show, visitors will be able to enjoy fly-fishing casting shows, food tent, craft stalls, climbing wall, children’s fun area and more. Last year’s event had 360 cars and motorcycles on show, was attended by more than 4,000 people and raised £21,000 for the hospice.
The day is organised by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, along with the hospice’s voluntary special events committee.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Long said: “Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake has established a loyal following of exhibitors and visitors, so we hope that this will be our biggest and best yet.”
BBC Radio Suffolk will be broadcasting on the day and NFU Mutual is the main sponsor. Tickets are £6 per adult or £15 for two adults and two children, concessions £4. Children under the age of five are free. The show will be open from 11am to 4.30pm.
To enter a vehicle, enquire about a trade stand or for more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets