Fire breaks out in school toilet block after suspected arson
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Two fire crews have been called to Bury St Edmunds County Upper School after a fire started in a boys’ toilet block.
Crews from the town were called to the school shortly after 12.47pm today.
All children have been accounted for following the fire, which has now been extinguished.
Fire crews remain on the scene removing the building's ceiling.
Firefighters are treating it as suspected arson.
You may also want to watch:
The school has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday