Bury St Edmunds: Crews tackle building fire
- Credit: Archant
Emergency crews were sent to a fire in Bury St Edmunds this morning.
Two engines from Bury were called to the incident, a building fire in Rougham Road, at 7.20am.
A fire in a waste paper bin on a balcony had spread in to the building.
The fire was brought under control at 7.39am, and was initially suspected as an arson attack, but police, who were called to the scene at about 7.45am, said the cause of fire was a cigarette butt in the bin, and was no longer being treated as suspicious.