Bury St Edmunds: Dad organises musical night in aid of daughter’s marathon effort
- Credit: Archant
A marathon runner’s ambitious fundraising effort has been given a boost by an evening of entertainment organised by her father on her behalf.
Beth Robertson, who used to attend County Upper School in Bury St Edmunds, is running this year’s London Marathon and targeting £2,000 for World Cancer Research.
With such a vast amount of money to raise, father Ian has pulled together a Strictly Musicals concert to help his daughter reach her goal.
He said: “I do not know if she realised exactly what she was taking on, but it is typical of my daughter as she sees everything in life as an opportunity.”
Miss Robertson, who works in PR in London, has held a pub quiz and baking sales, while her mother has also made arts and crafts to sell.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m very lucky that I’ve had the support of my family and friends when fundraising.
“Training can be quite difficult to fit in as I have a demanding job and a busy life, but the trick is to squeeze it in wherever you can!”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
Strictly Musicals is on Saturday, March 1 at All Saints Church, Bury. Tickets are available from Balaams Music Shop on 01284 766933.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/bethrunsthemarathon