Bury St Edmunds: Family of Mary Roberts release tribute
- Credit: Archant
THE FAMILY of a woman whose body was found in the car park of the St Edmunds Tavern pub in Bury St Edmunds have paid tribute to her.
Police have been appealing for information after the 50-year-old’s body was discovered in the car park in Risbygate Street at about 9am on Wednesday, March 27.
A 55-year-old man and a 59-year-old man, from Bury St Edmunds, who were arrested on suspicion of murder, remain on police bail.
Ms Roberts family have said: “Mary was a lovely mother and grandmother who was extremely protective of her family.
“She was kind, caring and very thoughtful always putting others before herself. As her children we could not of asked for a better mother and she will be deeply missed by us all.
“As a family we ask if you do have any information regarding what happened to Mary or saw her in St Edmunds Tavern, Bury St Edmunds, on the evening of Tuesday March 26 through to the morning of Wednesday March 27 could they contact the Suffolk Police Major Investigation Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow