Bury St Edmunds: Fire crews on scene of major building fire
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS are currently battling a blaze which took hold of a large building in Bury St Edmunds.
The alarm was raised at 2pm and two crews from Bury St Edmunds, a turntable ladder and support appliance from Ipswich, were mobilised to the scene.
The fire has affected a four-storey building in ABN Eastern Way which is used to manufacture small animal feed – the blaze in on the third floor.
After the first crews arrived on the scene, further appliances from Bury St Edmunds, Wickhambrook and a control unit and support appliance from Ixworth were also called for.
A spokesman for the fire service said the incident is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k