Road closed after emergency services called to serious accident
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed and diversions are in place after a serious collision took place on Monday afternoon.
Emergency services were initially called to Flempton Road in Risby, neary Bury St Edmunds, shortly after 4.35pm.
Two cars, a Mazda 3 and a Kia Ceed, collided on the road, forcing police to call highways.
The road is now set to be closed with diversions set to be put in place.
Fire and ambulance crews were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said one person had been taken to hospital with potentially 'life changing' injuries.
Police crews left the scene several hours later.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 10 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash