Bury St Edmunds food and drink festival in pictures
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The Bury St Edmunds food and drink festival has been hailed as a "tremendous" success.
The event featured cooking demonstrations from top celebrity chefs, more than 100 stalls selling food and drink, a farmers markets, and even a family entertainment zone — featuring characters from Paw Patrol. It also coincided with the East Anglian Beer & Cider Festival hosted at the cathedral.
Mark Cordell, chief executive of Our Bury St Edmunds business improvement district, said the event had been planned to cater for everyone.
He said: "Considering the weather, we've been really, really pleased with the turnout.
"Sunday was good, but Monday was even better.
You may also want to watch:
"Around lunchtime, as you would expect at a food and drink festival, the town was packed and the stalls were so busy, as were a number of restaurants.
"Our businesses benefit as well — the ones that are here 24/7."
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
Mr Cordell said he had enjoyed several different things to eat throughout the day as "quality assurance".