Bury St Edmunds: Hamster pulled from blaze

A HOME-alone hamster was rescued from a house fire in Bury St Edmunds.

The furry creature was pulled from a smoke-logged property in Anderson Walk.

It is thought the small fire broke it in the kitchen after a hob was left on.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: “I believe it was just the hamster [in the property] because fire fighters had to force an entry.”

Two fire engines from Bury St Edmunds attended the blaze, which was extinguished by 7.43pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus