Bury St Edmunds: It’s a Knockout teams brave the elements - and get even wetter
- Credit: Archant
A knockout time was had by brave teams in Bury St Edmunds yesterday in a fun fundraiser for West Suffolk Hospital.
Fourteen teams braved the bad weather on Hardwick Heath to take on the It’s a Bury Knockout challenge, raising more than £7,000 for the hospital.
Rapid Fat Loss and Fitness Academy scooped top prize in the eight knockout challenges – which included racing pantomime horses and giant dinosaurs – while UK Power Networks were the event’s biggest fundraisers.
Dave Gooderham, the hospital’s fundraising manager, feared the event would have to be cancelled given the impending downpours, but the show went on as planned, bar a few activities.
“Half the knockout is getting wet, so it didn’t matter,” he added. “We’re delighted everyone braved the weather and came out.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gooderham also praised St Edmundsbury Borough Council, which helped organise the third instalment of the annual fundraiser.
Teams had to tackle four wet and four dry challenges in a crazy afternoon.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
Competitors had to battle their through wet tunnels and up slippery slides, as well as teaming up for a knockout derby in full horse costume.