Bury St Edmunds: It’s a Knockout teams brave the elements - and get even wetter
- Credit: Archant
A knockout time was had by brave teams in Bury St Edmunds yesterday in a fun fundraiser for West Suffolk Hospital.
Fourteen teams braved the bad weather on Hardwick Heath to take on the It’s a Bury Knockout challenge, raising more than £7,000 for the hospital.
Rapid Fat Loss and Fitness Academy scooped top prize in the eight knockout challenges – which included racing pantomime horses and giant dinosaurs – while UK Power Networks were the event’s biggest fundraisers.
Dave Gooderham, the hospital’s fundraising manager, feared the event would have to be cancelled given the impending downpours, but the show went on as planned, bar a few activities.
“Half the knockout is getting wet, so it didn’t matter,” he added. “We’re delighted everyone braved the weather and came out.”
Mr Gooderham also praised St Edmundsbury Borough Council, which helped organise the third instalment of the annual fundraiser.
Teams had to tackle four wet and four dry challenges in a crazy afternoon.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
Competitors had to battle their through wet tunnels and up slippery slides, as well as teaming up for a knockout derby in full horse costume.