Bury St Edmunds: Lorry jammed in St Botolph’s Lane
A LORRY driver got himself into a tight squeeze when his articulated truck became jammed down a quiet lane.
The vehicle was heading for the Silver Spoon factory in Bury St Edmunds when the driver took a wrong turn off the A14 and headed through the town this morning.
But following directions from his satellite navigation system, the driver drove the wrong way up a one-way street and ended up trapped in St Botolph’s Lane in the historic part of the town around 11am today.
Police were called when the Romanian-registered lorry collided with a parked Renault Laguna at the top of the narrow, one-way street.
Luke Newton, 17, who lives in the lane, said: “I was in the garden then heard this loud bang.
You may also want to watch:
“It is always happening down here.
“People’s sat navs direct them down the one-way system.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
The quiet lane was blocked for several hours as crews attempted to free the stricken truck.