Bury St Edmunds: Man brandishes knife in robbery
A 27-YEAR-OLD man was the victim of a robbery last night after he was pushed to floor, punched and threatened with a knife.
Police are appealing for information after the incident took place in Westley Road, Bury St Edmunds, between 9.45pm and 10pm.
Two men in their mid-twenties approached the 27-year-old victim as he headed towards Queens Road. The men shouted at the victim, with one pulling a boxcutter-style knife from his jeans. The victim was pulled to the floor.
An HTC Wildfire mobile phone, a wallet, cigarettes and a lighter were stolen from the victim.
Both offenders ran off towards the Murco garage.
You may also want to watch:
One man is described as about 6’ tall, slim with fair hair. He was wearing red and white shorts, a baseball cap and a red and white bandana over his face.
The other man was around 5’9” tall and a little stockier than the other offender. He was wearing dark jogging bottoms and a dark hoody.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have witnessed this incident, or anyone else with information about this robbery.
Police have said that anyone with information in relation to this incident should contact them on 101.
Calls can be made to Dc Matthew Read, quoting crime number BU/12/2360 on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.