Man charged after police clock driver doing 143mph on A14
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bury St Edmunds is due to appear in court today charged with a speeding offence and driving while over the legal alcohol limit following an incident on the A14.
Robert Pylypczuk, 48, of Ashwell Road in Bury St Edmunds, has been remanded in custody to appear at Suffolk Magistrates' Court this morning.
It follows an incident which saw police stop a driver in a Vauxhall Insignia heading westbound at Higham at around 8.50pm yesterday.
In a tweet, the Norfolk and Suffolk Armed Policing Team said officers pulled over a motorist recorded doing a speed of 143mph.
Pylypczuk has also been charged with driving while over the legal alcohol limit after allegedly blowing 61 in a roadside breath test.
You may also want to watch:
The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 3 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 4 Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- 5 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 8 Where Ipswich Town are at with ins and outs during the January transfer window
- 9 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 10 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk