Man charged after police clock driver doing 143mph on A14
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bury St Edmunds is due to appear in court today charged with a speeding offence and driving while over the legal alcohol limit following an incident on the A14.
Robert Pylypczuk, 48, of Ashwell Road in Bury St Edmunds, has been remanded in custody to appear at Suffolk Magistrates' Court this morning.
It follows an incident which saw police stop a driver in a Vauxhall Insignia heading westbound at Higham at around 8.50pm yesterday.
In a tweet, the Norfolk and Suffolk Armed Policing Team said officers pulled over a motorist recorded doing a speed of 143mph.
Pylypczuk has also been charged with driving while over the legal alcohol limit after allegedly blowing 61 in a roadside breath test.
You may also want to watch:
The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 6 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff