Man charged after police clock driver doing 143mph on A14
- Credit: Archant
A man from Bury St Edmunds is due to appear in court today charged with a speeding offence and driving while over the legal alcohol limit following an incident on the A14.
Robert Pylypczuk, 48, of Ashwell Road in Bury St Edmunds, has been remanded in custody to appear at Suffolk Magistrates' Court this morning.
It follows an incident which saw police stop a driver in a Vauxhall Insignia heading westbound at Higham at around 8.50pm yesterday.
In a tweet, the Norfolk and Suffolk Armed Policing Team said officers pulled over a motorist recorded doing a speed of 143mph.
Pylypczuk has also been charged with driving while over the legal alcohol limit after allegedly blowing 61 in a roadside breath test.
The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 4 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 7 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 8 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 9 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport