Bury St Edmunds man charged wth four offences after nurse and police officers assaulted at West Suffolk Hospital
A man from Bury St Edmunds has been charged after a nurse and two police officers were assaulted at West Suffolk Hospital on Tuesday night.
Paul Anchoon, of Smith Walk, was arrested by Suffolk police in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
He was later charged with assault by beating (in respect of the nurse) and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour to cause alarm or distress.
The 26-year-old was also charged with two counts of assaulting a constable in execution of their duty.
He has been released on bail and will appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on Monday, April 30.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said: “Police were called to West Suffolk Hospital at 11.30pm on Tuesday, March 27 to reports of a patient behaving in an aggressive manner. After officers arrived at the scene a nurse and two police officers were subsequently assaulted.
“Paul Anchoon, aged 26, and of Smith Walk, Bury St Edmunds, was arrested by police at 12.15am in connection with the incident. He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has now been charged with the following four offences: two counts of assaulting a constable in execution of their duty; assault by beating (in respect of the nurse); and using threatening/abusive words/behaviour to cause alarm or distress.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
“He was released on bail to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on Monday, April 30.”