Bury St Edmunds: Monty Python’s “7th man” to be judge
CELEBRITIES are poised to visit a Suffolk market town to judge a stand-up comedy night for Comic Relief.
Jenny Kirk from BBC Look East, David Webster from BBC Radio Norfolk and Radio Suffolk’s Simon Talbot are among a number of regional personalities taking part in the stand-up event taking place next week at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
They will be delivering their best gags to a live audience next Wednesday in aid of Red Nose Day.
Organsiers of the event have now revealed who the event’s judges will be.
They are Rick Wakeman, Neil Innes, Dan Mckee and Emma Freud.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wakeman is a keyboard player who has performed with the likes of Elton John and Ozzy Osbourne, and played the piano for David Bowie’s Life on Mars.
Neil Innes is a writer and performer of comic songs and is best known for his collaborative work with Monty Python. He wrote the songs for Monty Python and the Holy Grail and is often referred to as ‘the Seventh Python’.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 9 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
Mr Innes also headed up the band ‘The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band’ which performed a song on every episode of the children’s television series ‘Do Not Adjust Your Set’.
Dan McKee is a comedian, compere and veteran of fringe theatre and Emma Freud is a broadcaster and trustee of Comic Relief.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from The Apex box office or online at www.theapex.co.uk.