Bury St Edmunds: More arrests after street robbery
POLICE have arrested two more people in connection with two robberies in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of robbery and a 20-year-old man on for robbery, burglary and aggravated vehicle taking.
Both men were from Bury St Edmunds and arrested yesterday, Thursday 16 August. They were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning.
The men have been released on conditional bail to return to the Bury St Edmunds PIC on Monday 1 October.
Three further people who were arrested by Essex Police on Wednesday 15 August have also been released on police bail, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old woman from Bury St Edmunds who was arrested on suspicion of robbery and two 22-year-old men from Haverhill, one of which was arrested for theft of motor vehicle and the other for robbery and theft are also due to answer bail on Monday 1 October at the Bury St Edmunds PIC.
The alleged robbery offences took place on Westley Road and Oakes Road in Bury St Edmunds during the night of Tuesday 14 August.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology