Bury St Edmunds photographer wins competition to see snap in calendar
- Credit: Archant
A budding Bury St Edmunds photographer has won a national wild bird photography competition and will now see her prize shot in a calendar.
Krysten Newby entered her picture of a tawny owl into the Wilko Wild Bird Calendar competition, and was awarded the prize of a £100 Wilko voucher and selected as one of 12 winners to be featured in the official 2019 calendar.
Krysten said: “I was delighted to discover that I had won the photography competition and that my photo would be used in the 2019 calendar.
“I chose this photo purely for the cute factor and because this fledgling seemed to love being in front of the camera.”
Neil Fairhurst, pets buyer at Wilko, said: “We were stunned with the number of entries and quality of the photos of wild birds submitted to the competition this year.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very much looking forward to seeing the final printed calendar with the spectacular collection of wild bird photography. It was a tough decision as there could only ever be 12 winners, but we were extremely impressed by Krysten’s photo.”
The 2019 calendar will be on sale in store and available online at www.wilko.com in late 2018.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit