Bury St Edmunds: Police probe unexplained death
OFFICERS were out on the streets of Bury St Edmunds today after a woman’s body was found in the town.
Police say the death of the 47-year-old woman at a property in Elsey’s Yard, off Risbygate Street, is currently being treated as “unexplained”.
This morning a lone black cat sat on the steps leading up to the woman’s home, which has been secured by police.
Police scenes of crime officers have today been in the property while police officers carry out house-to-house inquiries in the area.
The woman’s identity is yet to be confirmed by police. Police are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination which will determine the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s flat sits above a sheltered housing complex which is home to a number of residents.
Those living there yesterday spoke of their shock at the death of the woman and told how they heard nothing suspicious on Wednesday night.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
They said the first they knew of the 47-year-old’s death was when they spotted a police car outside in the street yesterday morning.
They expressed shock and sadness at what had happened.