Bury St Edmunds: Record sales for Theatre Royal’s panto
- Credit: Archant
A THEATRE is celebrating after announcing record sales for the second year running for its family pantomime.
Bosses of the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds said the 74-performance run of Rapunzel and the Rascal Prince had smashed the previous record, despite the difficult financial climate.
Chief executive Simon Daykin said: “The pantomime is undoubtedly a highlight of the Theatre Royal’s year, both for the team here and, more importantly, the thousands of excited theatregoers who join us for panto season. We’re constantly overwhelmed by the support and generosity of our audiences for what we do.
“We are really excited that, even in these difficult economic times, the kind of joyful family experience that our panto provides is seen as an essential part of so many families’ festive celebrations.” He added: “We want to thank the people of Bury St Edmunds and everyone who came along to Rapunzel, and we hope you’ll all join us again for panto 2013.”
More than 22,000 people saw Rapunzel at the Regency playhouse throughout the run.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Daykin said the title of this year’s panto will be unveiled shortly. The theatre is now preparing to launch its production of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet which opens on 21st February. For tickets and further details, please call the box office on 01284 769505
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'