Two further coronavirus cases confirmed at Suffolk school
- Credit: Archant
A secondary school in Bury St Edmunds has confirmed two further cases of coronavirus – taking the number among pupils and staff to four.
King Edward VI School in Bury St Edmunds confirmed the two cases Wednesday night, September 23.
A pupil, who had been self-isolating since September 21 and a member of support staff, who had been self-isolating since September 16, have both now tested positive for the virus.
This follows two other cases reported on Sunday, after a member of support stuff and a teacher were confirmed to have contracted the virus.
A further 80 students have now joined the initial 50 who were told to self isolate for 14 days, alongside seven members of staff.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the school said the measure comes on the advice of Public Health England, and emails have been sent to staff, parents and carers with further information.
More than 300 pupils and staff across Suffolk are now self-isolating as a result of the pandemic.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning