Is this your dog? Missing pet found by police on New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Lost and alone, this dog found wandering outside Bury St Edmunds police station is hoping to be reunited with its owner - do you know who he belongs to?
The black and white male staffy has a collar and a microchip, but the police have so far been unable to find where he lives.
He was found at about 11.15am on Wednesday, January 1 running around at the front of the Bury St Edmunds police station.
The officers have attempted to trace his chip but the alleged owner has reportedly moved house without updating their details.
Despite appeals on social media, no-one has come forward to claim the animal.
You may also want to watch:
People are being urged to get in contact if they have any information.
An officer from the Rural Crime Suffolk team tweeted a photo with the dog, saying: "Poor mite was found wandering streets. I couldn't see him sit out in the cold kennel.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
"After some police issue dog breakfast and a walk he's decided my office floor isn't good enough. There's worse people to share your chair with!"
The department has now confirmed that the dog has been taken to the kennels for some check ups and has a lovely temperament.
They have suggested that if enquiries do not lead them to an owner he would make a lovely pet for someone.
Anyone calling the Bury St Edmunds station is to ask for the duty sergeant, quoting CAD 492 for the date of Wednesday, January 1.