Bury St Edmunds: Three arrested after men report they were threatened with a gun
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police in Bury St Edmunds are appealing for information after two men reported being threatened by a man with a gun in the Mildenhall estate.
The incident happened at about 5pm yesterday when a man reportedly pointed a gun at them through a car window. Then men then ran into the post office in Lake Avenue asking for help.
Officers later recovered a firearm in grounds of a hotel in Mildenhall Road. Three people were later arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence.
Two men in their 20s and a 16-year-old boy were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning. They have been bailed until October 29, pending further inquiries.
The incident is not being linked with the armed robbery incident which took place later that evening.
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking to speak to people who saw a blue sports car around the Mildenhall estate or at the Tollgate crossroads, the junction of Mildenhall Road and Thetford Road, between 4.30-5.30pm yesterday.
Anyone with information should call Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime reference BU/14/2670.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'