Bury St Edmunds to celebrate royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with treasure hunt
- Credit: Archant
A treasure hunt competition in the lead-up to the royal wedding between Meghan Markle and Prince Harry is being held in Bury St Edmunds.
Businesses in the town are being encouraged to take part by the Business Improvement District (BID) organisation Our Bury St Edmunds, with voucher prizes available to be spent in town stores.
It will be the second royal wedding-themed competition that the BID has organised after 40 businesses took part in a similar event to celebrate the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
Following that competition, the royal household sent a letter to Our Bury St Edmunds congratulating the town on the imaginative way it had chosen to celebrate the occasion.
Mark Cordell, chief executive of Our Bury St Edmunds, said: “This competition was very popular when Prince William got married and we are hoping to build on that success for Prince Harry’s wedding.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be fantastic to have as many or more businesses involved this year and each will have one of the ten ‘treasure’ items to display in their window.
“I’m also extremely grateful to the local newspapers in the town who are supporting the competition by printing entry forms.”
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
Details of the competition will be published at the end of April and businesses wishing to join in should contact Our Bury St Edmunds as soon as possible.