Bury St Edmunds: Travellers told to leave cinema car park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers camped in a car park have been told they must leave the area.
St Edmundsbury Borough Council has said the “unauthorised traveller encampment” at the Parkway car park in Bury St Edmunds must move on.
Officers have said the camp, based in the car park behind Cineworld, will not be tolerated following several legal notices issued to the travellers in past few weeks and months.
The council has said it is working “very hard” to resolve a “difficult situation” in the town.
It is the third time since March travellers have pitched in the St Andrew’s Street car park.
You may also want to watch:
The authority is in the final stages of preparing a case to go through the civil courts and to obtain an injunction to stop travellers moving on to sensitive sites.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex