Bury St Edmunds: Two men are released on bail in murder inquiry
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been released on police bail following the suspicious death of a woman in Bury St Edmunds yesterday.
Officers attended the property on Anselm Avenue after being called by the ambulance service at 10.20am and found a deceased woman on arrival.
A 49-year-old man and a 22-year-old man, both from Bury St Edmunds, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Both were taken to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre but have since been released on police bail. They are both due to return on January 9.
Following a Home Office post-mortem examination the cause of the woman’s death is unascertained and further tests will be required to establish this.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification of the woman has not yet taken place.
Officers continue to carry out inquiries to establish the circumstances leading up to the woman’s death and are asking anyone with information to contact the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts