Bury St Edmunds: Woman in critical condition in hospital after suspected heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack.
The woman, in her 50s, collapsed at a property, believed to be her home address, in Bury St Edmunds at around 11am today.
An air ambulance was called to the private address. The woman was treated at the scene before she was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance.
Her condition has been described as “critical”.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called just before 11am dispatching two ambulances and the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman in her 50s had collapsed at a private address and was taken to West Suffolk General by land ambulance with air escort.
“She was in a critical condition.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop
An East of England Air Ambulance Service spokesman said it was believed the woman suffered a heart attack.
She said: “A woman in her 50s has been treated by medics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance after she suffered a serious medical event in Bury St Edmunds earlier today.
“The team treated the woman at the scene before she was conveyed to the West Suffolk Hospital aboard and EEAST land ambulance, escorted by the EAAA medical team.”