Bury St Edmunds: Woman in critical condition in hospital after suspected heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack.
The woman, in her 50s, collapsed at a property, believed to be her home address, in Bury St Edmunds at around 11am today.
An air ambulance was called to the private address. The woman was treated at the scene before she was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance.
Her condition has been described as “critical”.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called just before 11am dispatching two ambulances and the air ambulance.
“The woman in her 50s had collapsed at a private address and was taken to West Suffolk General by land ambulance with air escort.
“She was in a critical condition.”
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 6 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 9 Strike threat could leave East Suffolk bins overflowing
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
An East of England Air Ambulance Service spokesman said it was believed the woman suffered a heart attack.
She said: “A woman in her 50s has been treated by medics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance after she suffered a serious medical event in Bury St Edmunds earlier today.
“The team treated the woman at the scene before she was conveyed to the West Suffolk Hospital aboard and EEAST land ambulance, escorted by the EAAA medical team.”