Bury St Edmunds: Woman who died following fire is named as Katherine Douglas
- Credit: Archant
The woman who died following a flat fire in Bury St Edmunds this week has been named.
Katherine Mary Douglas, 55, died in hospital on Tuesday after a blaze broke out at her home in Langton Place on Monday night.
Today, an inquest has been opened and adjourned into her death.
Ms Douglas was rushed to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest due to smoke inhalation.
An investigation into the fire is continuing, but the cause is not believed to be deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said they were still working on two or three possible causes, one of which is the presence of smoking materials, such as cigarettes.
The on-site fire investigation is complete and the service is now looking at all the evidence.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park