BurySOUND continues with last heat ahead of grand final at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A popular Bury St Edmunds music competition is reaching its conclusion ahead of the grand final on Friday, March 9.
BurySOUND, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, continues with its final heat on Friday at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds, with Abbey Green, The Catch, Eeeyore, Influx of Insanity, Kulk and special guest headliners A Horse Called War.
Cambridge-based prog/alt-rock quartet Indecision were named as heat three winners at Haverhill Arts Centre on February 9 – the first time a heat had been staged there.
Heat four took place back at the Hunter Club on Friday, February 16, and Bury-based hard rock quintet Kelodown – who formed while studying music at West Suffolk College – were announced as winners on the night.
Indecision and Kelodown will join heat one winners Organ of Conti and heat two victors Kyanos in the final at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds on March 9.
Doors for the final heat at the Hunter Club on Friday open at 6pm, all ages are welcome (under 14s must be accompanied by a parent/carer), and tickets are £5 from www.whatsonwestsuffolk.co.uk
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 6 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 7 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors