100 new jobs created as Hampton by Hilton hotel opens at Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Value hotel brand Hampton by Hilton has opened its largest ever property, at Stansted Airport.
Owned by Urban Civic plc and managed by Interstate, the 357-bedroom Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport joins 23 other hotels already operating under the brand in the UK and has a workforce of around 100.
It is connected to the airport terminal by a walkway and includes a Work Zone with internet and printing facilities and two meeting rooms, each holding up to 12 delegates. There is also complementary Wi-Fi.
“The opening of Hampton by Hilton London Stansted marks the continual expansion of our airport hotel portfolio,” said Phil Cordell, global head at Hampton by Hilton.
“Located in a travel hub, the hotel satisfies the needs of travellers with a relaxing and convenient stay, steps away from Stansted London Airport.”
Paolo Franchi, general manager. added: “Stansted Airport serves 24m passengers every year, so we are delighted to be opening the world’s largest Hampton by Hilton, equipped with everything to provide guests with an unforgettable stay.”
Andrew Cowan, chief executive at Stansted Airport, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Hampton by Hilton to London Stansted, another fantastic addition to the portfolio of on-site airport hotels.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 3 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 8 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 9 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
“The new Hampton by Hilton will provide both business and leisure passengers with even more choice, offering great value and an ideal location close to the main terminal building.
“We have ambitious growth and investment plans for Stansted and the new hotel’s arrival is a further boost to our desire to enhance passenger services and facilities at the airport.”