115 new affordable homes being built
- Credit: Clarion Housing Group
Work is underway on a new housing development that will provide affordable homes for 350 people in Mildenhall.
Clarion Housing Group is to invest £24m in the project to deliver 115 affordable homes on a 10 acre site, east of Beck Row.
The group will work with partnership homes developer Lovell to redevelop the land on Aspal Lane, creating 81 homes for shared ownership and 34 for affordable rent.
The first homes are expected to be ready as early as the end of the year.
The development – which has a gross development value of around £24m – will have a range of homes from one-bedroom flats and bungalows through to four-bedroom family houses, to meet a wide variety of housing needs.
You may also want to watch:
When completed, it will provide homes for around 350 people.
Philip Browne, new business and partnerships director for Clarion Housing Group said: “We are pleased to be working with Lovell to deliver much-needed new housing for Suffolk.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
“At Clarion we aim to deliver 50,000 new homes nationwide over ten years, two-thirds of which will be affordable. Thanks to our financial strength, we have been able to acquire this site and ensure that all of the homes being delivered at this scheme are affordable.”
Lovell regional managing director Simon Medler said: “We’re excited to be joining forces with Clarion Housing to deliver this high-quality scheme which will significantly boost the number of affordable homes in the area. The Beck Row development is set to extend the range of affordable options for the local community, both by helping people into home ownership and by creating new rented homes.”
The site comes with planning permission, and it is anticipated the development will be completed by late 2020.