150 companies bid for business as Stansted Airport Meet the Buyers event
- Credit: Archant
Around 150 companies from across the region showcased their products and services at the 16th Meet the Buyers event at Stansted Airport.
They were able to seek contracts and orders from Stansted Airport and a host of other top-tier buyers, including National Express, Abellio, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence, as well as local authorities including Essex and Suffolk county councils.
The event was officially opened by Stansted Airport chief executive Andrew Cowan, who was also keynote speaker at a business breakfast held on the morning of the show.
Mr Cowan, said: “Since MAG acquired Stansted in 2013, our vision has been to grow passenger numbers, invest in our infrastructure and enhance our interaction with the local community, including helping ensure the success and economic benefit of the airport is shared across the region.
“Meet the Buyers is a fantastic example of how Stansted can support local companies by providing a platform to come and talk with a wide range of businesses and showcase what they can offer in terms of products and services.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie Budden of Stansted Chamber of Commerce said: “Meet the Buyers is an important date in the calendar and gives local companies a platform to pitch their product or services directly to the airport operators and other businesses based on or close to the airport.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Busy high street taped off by police
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune