1939 Marshall M Model M tractor, supplied by George Thurlow and Sons of Stowmarket, goes under the hammer in Cheffins sale
- Credit: Cheffins
A tractor bought from a Stowmarket dealer back in 1939 is set to go under the hammer on Saturday, July 15.
The Marshall Model M, which has been in the same ownership since new, was bought by the vendor’s grandfather, Edgar Case, in 1939 and has remained on the family farm at Withycombe, near Minehead ever since.
The tractor comes with original paperwork including correspondence letters with the Geo Thurlow and Sons of Stowmarket, the supplying agents.
The very rare tractor was purchased for £643 and now carries an estimate of £18,000 to £20,000.
The tractor forms part of Cheffins’ July Vintage Sale, which takes place at Sutton, near Ely.
You may also want to watch:
The sale features an rray of classic and vintage tractors, classic motorcycles and a number of other collectors’ items.
Among the tractors on sale is an important collection of 19 classic and rare machines from Norfolk.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn