Growing estate agency in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
Estate agents Fenn Wright celebrates 250 years of success in Suffolk and Essex
Suffolk and Essex estate agents and chartered surveyors, Fenn Wright is celebrating a major milestone of 250 years in business.
As one of the longest-established firms in the county, Fenn Wright started out in the late 1700s, evolving over time into the successful firm we know today.
Key to the company’s rich history was John Fenn who was the fifth in succession from a family of land and estate agents, and was responsible for inviting George T Wright to join in partnership after the First World War. It was at this point that the name Fenn Wright emerged.
The company has had a presence on 1 Buttermarket, Ipswich, since the late 1700s and on Colchester’s High Street since 1874.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Fenn Wright has eight residential branches across the region and a much bigger commercial arm through the recent acquisitions of Taylor & Co and Newman Commercial.
Fenn Wright’s extraordinary history features a number of incredible tales and artefacts from bygone times.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Among the stories told, during World War II, Fenn Wright employees played their part by manning anti-aircraft guns at a time when doodlebugs were being sent across our skies towards London. Afterwards they would head back to their office and resume business as usual.
Alan Williams, managing partner, said: “Not many businesses have such an extraordinary and interesting history. At Fenn Wright, we recognise that our success is a reflection of our consistent focus on client care and excellent customer service. Our reputation for being a business that people can trust is something that we intend to maintain for the next 250 years.
“While we are proud of the rich history that has formed today’s Fenn Wright, we are equally driven to ensure the business remains as relevant and up-to-date as it ever was. That is why we are expanding both the residential and, more recently, the commercial parts of our business.”
Fenn Wright has offices in Sudbury, Chelmsford, Witham, Stanway, Colchester, Colchester Business Park, Manningtree, Ipswich and Kesgrave and employs more than 150 professionals.