Saxmundham play centre’s new manager set to be ‘major asset’ say owners
- Credit: Archant
A play centre relaunched last year by a large, entrepreneurial family from Essex has welcomed a new manager and head chef.
Jason Shaw has taken on the dual role at 4 Fun in Saxmundham after working for local attraction Easton Farm Park.
Centre owners Layden-Grant and Frances Seymour have welcomed his arrival.
"Jason worked for Easton Farm Park another great Suffolk family centre for four years and felt it was time for a change," said Layden.
MORE - Family which came to Suffolk to 'start again' set to star in TV documentary"He was looking for a new challenge and we are extremely excited to announce that he has joined the 4 Fun team."
The latest arrival would be a "major asset" to the business and brought a lot of experience, he said.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a great chef with years of experience working at many top class hotels. He is passionate about food and will be changing our menu to introduce some of his signature dishes," he said.
"I sampled some of his pasta sauce earlier and all I can say is wow. Our guests are going to be spoilt. My taste buds are still tingling.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
"Jason is a family man just like us. His wife Anja and three children are his world. We share the same family values and this working partnership is going to work well."
The 11-strong Seymour family, who live in Aldeburgh having moved to the town from Essex, are the subject of a Channel 5 programme about large families which is currently being filmed.
After moving to Aldeburgh, the Seymours decided to revive the fortunes of the play centre, which had closed down after a storm caused substantial damage to the building.