Hundreds of jobs and volunteering opportunities on offer
- Credit: Archant
Local people looking for work can browse more than 500 jobs and volunteering opportunities at a Jobs and Careers Fair in Ipswich on Thursday.
Ipswich Borough Council and the Department for Work & Pensions are hosting the free event in the Town Hall and Corn Exchange on Thursday September 20, between 10am and 2pm.
Almost 50 employers will take part from a range of sectors including retail, hospitality, care, customer service, insurance and many more.
Hundreds of job seekers are expected to attend, which will also feature a wide range of support organisations offering advice and guidance on a range of training and career options.
Last year’s event attracted 1,200 people and had information on 400 jobs on offer and this year it is expected to be even bigger and better.
You may also want to watch:
Feedback from businesses who attended was very positive, with Flow Energy stating that this was the “most productive careers fair I’ve been to this year”.
Smyths Toys Superstores said it was “a great way for us to meet local people and find local candidates to join our team” and the Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG said this was a “fabulous event - very well attended with lots of enthusiasm from job seekers”.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Also among those taking part this year are Galloway Travel and St Elizabeth Hospice.