A new era for security firm
SUFFOLK-based library security and asset management products firm Plescon has been acquired by its management team for an undisclosed sum.
From January 1, the business of Plescon Security Products, based at the Sproughton Business Park, on the edge of Ipswich, will transfer to a newly-formed company, PSP Asset Protection Ltd.
PSP is spearheaded by current Plescon managing director Nick Hunt and general manager Helen Morphew, and all nine Plescon staff will transfer to the new company.
Plescon, which was established in Hadleigh in 1978 and was later based in Chattisham before relocating to its current base, has been owned since 1992 by Mr Hunt’s mother, Gwen Broadhead.
Mr Hunt joined Plescon in 1997, initially on the warehouse side before becoming co-ordinator and technician in the service department. He then took over the sales side of the business and was appointed managing director director in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
“Having been involved in such a great company as Plescon Security Products for the last 15 years has provided me with invaluable experience, working closely with a number of fantastic libraries, librarians and suppliers,” said Mr Hunt.
“The opportunity to build on our existing knowledge while adding new and innovative products has been the impetus behind the decision to start afresh as PSP Asset Protection Ltd.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
Helen Morphew said all ongoing maintenance commitments to existing Plescon customers would be honoured by PSP Asset Protection, and customers would also be able to benefit from a range of new products which would be available through the new company.
“Being able to start the new company means we can secure the best range of products, which will be supported by our experienced team, giving us the secure footing on which to build and grow a successful and sustainable business,” she added.